Monday, October 01, 2007

My Belly Hurts...

Last week, I believe Wednesday morning, Gabriela climbed into my bed about 6am saying her belly hurt. At that hour, I was not really conscious, so basically ignored her and she went to sleep next to me. I let her sleep in a little later than usual, but woke her up early enough to see if she had improved so she could go to school. Most weeks it would not be too hard to rearrange my schedule if need be for a sick child, but I was working two jobs last week and had a scheduled meeting with my supervisor, and Fares has to teach in the mornings as well. She was still complaining of a hurting stomach. Ugh. What to do? Well, I called and rearranged my meeting, and then proceeded to try and figure out what was happening. She did not appear sick, nor had any cause to be so. I got her talking a bit, and true to my hunches, she had woken up "remembering" an incident from school the day before that had upset her. A girl she was friends with last year has not been as nice or as good at sharing this year and there had been an incident the day prior. Well, it was amazing, as soon as she shared that she was remembering that incident, and assured by me and the thermometer that she had no fever, she was miraculously cured in an instant! All of a sudden she wanted breakfast and was ready to go to school. My supervisor just laughed when I called back and said we had a miraculous recovery, and we went on with our day just fine!

No comments: