Monday, October 29, 2007

PASSED!

Fares has been gearing up all semester (and a little bit before) for his comprehensive exams ... rather than a Master's dissertation, students in his program do an essay and short answer comprehensive exam. So, it's been all studying (on top of everything else) as much as possible to prepare for this exam. It's definitely intimidating to students. Well, the test was Saturday morning. He felt fairly prepared going in, and I was confident that he knew his stuff, but there is still that little bit of anxiety left. He felt pretty good about it afterward, but you never know for sure. He felt it was a lot easier than expected, but I told him it was because he was well- prepared.

He had the results by that afternoon. He passed!! Whew! He passed both sections, too. I get my husband back!! No more worries and stress about "comps" and no more extra studying. He can focus on his classes and only his classes now. I'm proud of him, and happy!

My parents were out this weekend, so Sunday was a good day visiting some local parks to enjoy the nice, crisp fall weather and just plain relaxing a bit. He deserves it.

2 comments:

KAT said...

Hooray for Fares! That's great.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Fares! Or maybe both of you. Muy bien!