Friday, September 28, 2007

Street Fair

One amazing thing about where we live is the number of fairs and festivals, particularly this time of year. The Midwest always has these, and I've always lived in the Midwest, but this region out does itself. Last week Gabriela and I (with friends) walked a few blocks to the public library where they had a Family Learning Day - basically area vendors/agencies with the information and child-friendly activities. All free. We came home with several quick art projects and 4-5 books! We then walked over to another part of downtown and spent more time doing other similar activities - for nothing! We did pay outrageous prices for a small lunch (should have known better and brought our own sandwiches) and took a free carriage ride, and had lots of face painting artwork done. We had run into our upstair's neighbor and her daughter so we had some company while there. I was there for over 5 hours, just enjoying ourselves for that whole time! It was a warm day, but very fun and great. I like fairs, but so often you have an entrance fee, then all the token fees, etc. and it gets pricey. This was all free! It was great! (sorry, no pictures)

No comments: