Friday, October 26, 2007

Feeling Old

No, I'm not having a "mid-life" crisis. I'm not old enough for that yet :) But, a couple things have happened that struck me differently than they have in the past. This past May I hit the big 3-0. Actually, I sort of looked forward to it. I don't mind looking 20-something, but I don't always like to be treated 20-something. I've been out of college twice as long as I was in college, and have felt 30 since I was about 16 anyway. But the other day I was driving and it struck me that I will be 31 next year. Somehow that sounded a lot different than simply 30. Oh well, what can you do.

Then a few days later I was brushing my teeth alongside my lovely daughter. She pointed to my forehead and asked, "what's that mommy?" I thought she had noticed my slight scar in the middle of my forehead that I received as a two year old... but she touched closer to my brow. I looked. There it was. A line. And I wasn't furrowing my brow at the time. Apparently I have enough in my 3 decades to create a line that is now visible. Oh dear. Now I feel old. And the only thing I can do is furrow my brow at myself.

1 comment:

Mark and Ali said...

maria, you still look 20-something!
we love you guys!