Monday, October 29, 2007

Slap-Happy

This is a story I have to relate, but it's not going to sound nearly as funny written down and after the fact as it was when it happened. But here goes...

As I mentioned, my parents were visiting this weekend. Saturday, Dad was sitting in our recliner and Gabriela started playing with him. She put a dining chair in front of him and started lifting his legs up onto the chair. Well, she'd get one leg up, go around to the other leg, and just as she would get that leg up, the other leg would "fall off" I don't know how many rounds she went, but it was hilarious, and great that she was so determined to get both legs up on the chair at the same time and did not let the "challenge" get the best of her.

But, it must have been because of this, or just feeling silly, but on Sunday she started to repeat the same process. Except the chair was a little too far away from the end of his boots when she picked his leg up. It was so cute because you could just see her trying to stretch his leg just a little further to make it reach, but it never did. I finally clued her in that the chair was too far away. So she aptly moved it closer. But it turned out Dad's legs were together and wound up with his feet just under the chair, so now when she went to lift them up, they hit the underside of the chair. It was hilarious. Dad and I about lost it... trust me, you had to be there to appreciate it, but we got a good laugh over it.

No comments: