Sunday, December 03, 2006

Thanksgiving

I realized that working in retail, I was not likely to get much time off around Thanksgiving. So I agreed to work the day before and the day after Turkey Day and in turn was fortunate enough to be given the weekend to go visiting in Ohio. So we spent Thanksgiving here in Terre Haute (yes, the store was closed, so no work) As I just stated, I spent the morning relaxing and pampering. Then we headed over to our friends' house for a really nice dinner. It was mostly american food, but a couple brasilian dishes. We had a nice, filling dinner, then watched a movie, had dessert, and took a few pictures outside as it was a beautiful warm day! A few related pics are below!





There were a few other people there, but they aren't as happy about getting photos taken as Rita is! She and her sister were responsible for the wonderful meal we had.

So I worked Black Friday; Fortunately I did not have to be there working before the sun was up. We opened at 8, but I did not even get there til 10! We were pretty steady but not slammed, thank goodness. Some of my co-workers were at other stores really early and then worked later, but that is not for me. At the end of my work day, we got in the car and drove to Indianapolis to visit with our friends there and spend the night. Saturday we finished the road trip and made it to my parents'. We spent the afternoon with my grandparents. Sunday we went to church, then made our own Thanksgiving dinner (also yummy - Fares was the designated baker that day), and then over to Jenny's to visit with her new baby boy (well, almost 5 months old). So cute! I don't have any pictures as my mom has not sent them to me yet! (hint, hint) We drove back Monday morning, and even though we were exhausted, Fares had class and I went out to do some shopping.

No comments: