Sunday, December 03, 2006

MIA no more

So November came and went... I will try to catch up a little bit before the rest of the Holiday Season overtakes my time.

We all fought a couple, nasty colds in November. Not fun, but we survived and even studied and worked through them. My work schedule is up to 5 days a week now that it is the holiday season, but a couple weeks I wound up being out of the house more than that due to my new "job" I was hired as a PRN Social Worker/PreNatal Care Counselor at the local hospital. PRN means that I'll be filling in when the others are on vacation (right now there are about 15 days in Jan, Feb and March they need me for). But that meant a couple meetings with HR, two days of state training, a day of hospital orientation, health visits, etc. The best thing at this point is the pay rate. Really good. But unfortunately, limited opportunity right now. But it's the foot in the
door, and maybe something will open up sometime in the future. God has His plans I suppose.

We made it up to Lafayette to visit a good friend before he returns to Brasil for good tomorrow. We visited a few others too while there. (if we did not visit you, we apologize but less than two days does not give one much time). We did visit our Chinese friends... this is what Gabriela got. Isn't it really pretty??


Strangely enough, a lot of November was either rainy or incredibly warm! On one of those warm days I got a few pictures of my favorite subject (Gabriela)

No comments: