Saturday, December 23, 2006

Happy Birthday!

Fares' birthday was on Sunday. He really didn't want to do much, but I convinced him (easily) to go out to eat with me and catch a $1 movie. Gabriela gave him the shirt we found that said "World's Coolest Dad"

But it's hard for me to let someone's birthday go by without doing something. So I managed to make his favorite dessert (a frozen cranberry delight - recipe below) at my friend's house, and we did go out for lunch, a little Christmas shopping and then saw "Stranger Than Fiction" which really is an interesting movie, though not the hilarious funny you might be accostomed to with Will Ferrell. It was worth a buck, though. Then we swung by our friend's house to pick up Gabriela, but they were not home :( I had to suggest that we go home, call her cell and ask her to drop her off after she finished doing whatever it was she was doing. So we go home. Fares opens the door, I turn on the light... and then BOO! About 15 friends jump out at us!! I was expecting this, of course, but I truly did not expect them to be waiting in the dark for us so they scared me too. But they scared Fares even more! LOL!

Anyway, we all shared in the dessert after singing Happy Birthday in English, Portuguese and then Korean ;)

Frozen Cranberry Delight
(great, even for people that normally don't like cranberries and super easy)

Chop up rinsed cranberries (can be frozen still) and sugar - leave them for a few hours or overnight to let the juices begin to flow.

Drain a can of crushed pineapple and mix with cranberries.

Whip up two cups of heavy whipping cream, mix with one bag of mini marshmallows. Mix in the fruit, pour into large 13x9 pan and freeze.

Happy Birthday Fares!

1 comment:

Amber said...

Happy Birthday Fares!! Sounds like fun!