1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Both!
2. Does Santa wrap the presents or just set them under the tree? Of course Santa has presents wrapped and then HE puts them under the tree Christmas Eve night. Duh.
3. Colored or white lights on the tree/house? I would do white icicle lights, then one little tree in colored lights. This year, no outside lights.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No, but my parents used to have a plastic mistletoe that would get hung, but not really honored.
5. When do you put up your decorations? Not until a week or more after Thanksgiving. They stay up til after New Years too
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? My grandpa Doelker's butter cookies!! It's not Christmas without them. My aunt would make a really good mac and cheese too. And you have to make cookies too
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? I love Christmas Eve Midnight Service, and just sitting in the dark at night, quiet and watching the tree all lit up. Very peaceful and beautiful.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? What truth about Santa?? My family is related to Santa (why do you think Gabriela's middle name is Noelle???) Santa is still very real to us!
9. Do you open gifts on Christmas Eve? Nope. Christmas morning, once Santa has had them delivered!
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? Almost every single ornament/tree toy has some special meaning. Many were given to me over the years (a tradition I'm continuing), and a few were ones that we always used that I inherited, and now new ones I've purchased for my loved ones that are continuing the tradition. I have a nice red bead garland now that is neat.
11. Snow! Love or Dread it? Snow is great up until Jan 2.
12. Can you ice skate? I think so.... it's been a while though ;)
13. Do you remember your favorite gift as a child? Maybe it's not #1, but I remember getting a bed tent of Pound Puppies (and my pound puppy) as being pretty neat back in the day.
14. What is the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Remembering it's CHRISTmas!
15. Favorite holiday dessert? See #6
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Christmas Eve Service
17. What tops your tree? a new colored (looks like stained glass) star that lights up. Used to be a beautiful glass spire, but I broke that putting it on too far last year :(
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? giving. but not just to give. I like to find/give something that is special to the receiver
19. What is your favorite Christmas song? I love almost all! Do You Hear What I Hear? is a favorite and The Little Drummer Boy, Carol of the Bells...
20. Candy Canes! yum or yuck? Um, okay. They're good in hot chocolate.
21. What is your favorite holiday movie? It Came Upon A Midnight Clear (with Mickey Rooney), Scrooge (the old b&w version)
No comments:
Post a Comment