Sunday, December 03, 2006

Recent Movie Reviews

Somehow I feel like I've not had time to do much blogging, but I have watched a few movies (that is a rarity). Here are my reviews.

Click
This was what we watched on Thanksgiving. The basis of the movie is that Adam Sandler is offered a universal remote control that allows him to control his life (not just his electronics). He can mute the dog, fast forward through traffic jams, and go back to the menu to review past moments in life. All in all, it is a good, heartfelt movie that reinforces the importance of making family first above all else. There are moments which are rather raunchy, but it is also humorous. I'd give it a B+

Seven Year Itch
This is a Marilyn Monroe film I found at our university library. To be honest, despite her iconic status, I have never watched one of her films (that I recall). This looked cute. It was and it is also the movie that most iconizes MM - her skirt blowing up over the subway vent. It's the story of a 1950s man that has sent his wife and son out of the hot city to the cooler country in the summer. The townhouse above him is housing Marilyn Monroe's character for the summer for her tv commercial job. He is an editor, reading a book about men's psycho and the "seven year itch" which he happens to have been married seven years. It's a cute movie, though it drags a little bit (it's not as high action as we're used to in the 20th century), but is neat to watch and funny too. I'd give it an A-

Forgotten
Fares got this movie this weekend. He's the one that prefers thrillers and scary movies, etc. This is more of a suspense movie, which I can handle a bit better than the others. A woman (Julianne Moore) lost her son in a plane crash and is suddenly finding that the people around her are telling her she's crazy because she never had a son. She fights to not forget. The idea is a bit preposterous, but the strength of the mother's bond with her child is lifted up in this film. It is intriguing and will make you watch it to the end. As a mother, I'd give it an A

No comments: