Okay -- this is just for Amber... sorry I've not posted in a week, but life has been full of working. So far, it's not a bad place to work and the people are nice and it's all daytime hours and I've not worked a Sunday yet. And I just learned that you have to have at least one Saturday off a month.
I've also applied for another social work job, but we'll see if they call me in for an interview. It'd definitely be better pay and I'd get all my weekends back ;)
I have also been accepted as an "as needed" social worker with pregnant women... but that will only start after the first of the year. And that's if I'm not doing another full time social work position.
But I do miss my pregnant women. I was actually hired to replace a lady who is leaving because she's having her first baby. I have worked with her a few times and she's mentioned topics and we've talked a little, and I just LOVE it! And it's amazing how much women do not know, and are even not educated on in childbirth classes!
Fares also has a couple of other possible opportunities to work part-time to add to our income.
Continue to pray that all will work out as intended. We are at peace for the time being.
2 comments:
I'm glad things are going well. I'm surprised when I talk to people about how much they don't know. I just want to pour so much information into them- but the majority of the time I bite my tounge.
I actually met a lady that's new in our ward tonight at a girl's night out activity. She's a certified nurse midwife. I was so excited to talk to her about birthing and stuff. I really really want to have my next baby at home (no I'm not pregnant) even though Steve thinks it's nuts. At least I've got a couple of years to get him on board with that idea.
How exciting!! Not that I am against homebirth (I'm not) but make sure you have all your facts about your state laws before you decide for sure. It is a sticky area in most places...
Post a Comment