Monday, October 30, 2006

Random Good News to Share

If I have not shared before (I don't think so), Gabriela is 100% potty trained! That includes at night. It's been a couple weeks since diapers disappeared at night and not one single accident (I'm probably jinxing myself just by writing this) ;) But she does still seem to get upset when she sees diapers. The leftovers she ran across the other day and made a big scene about it; and again today in the diaper/TP aisle she wanted to take some home with her and got upset (broken record) that I was not going to take any home. But it is really nice and we don't have daytime accidents anymore either. YEAH!

I am getting paid really well for the PRN (as needed) work as a Prenatal Care Counselor. I'm excited even though it's not regular work! I will be doing the prep work (physical, orientation, training) in the next couple weeks, then won't actually fill in until the beginning of the year.

This may sound silly, but you know when you want a particular something to meet your particular need and you look and look for what you think you should be able to find, but it takes a long to find it....? Well, I found a tackle box container today to use to store my earrings. So many of the "bead containers" are too deep and large with fewer compartments. This is perfect. It's small and compact. It's double-sided with small compartments and is just perfect. All my earrings fit except my couple really large ones. Yeah!

We have been so blessed in our current venture. We have made friends with several Korean families. They all have kids as we do and they have been trading kid duty after school (all theirs are school age) and on their own offered to watch Gabriela on two days that Fares has class in the afternoon. It makes it so much easier on him. He just drops them off (building across from ours), then hops over to campus for class, then right back. Before he had to drive 10 minutes to our other friend's house, then down to campus, then back... this saves time plus she gets to play with some great playmates.

Oh, and my parents' website is starting to get some orders. Yeah!! If you know anyone needing a camp kitchen or specialized grill to take with them for outdoor cooking, check this out!

2 comments:

KAT said...

Hooray for Gabriela! Hooray for Mom and Dad too. PT is a long, hard road.

Amber said...

Potty training is huge. HUGE! Annika is almost there and it's only been four days. I'm thrilled. But then again she is almost 3.