Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Out of the mouths of babes

I have one funny and one "ahh..." from Gabriela this past week.

The Funny:

I bought a butternut squash last week and put it in my hanging fruit basket. It happened to be a little stouter than usual. A couple days later while Gabriela was home with her dad, she asked her dad why mommy had bought such a large peanut?!

The Ahh...

I was putting Gabriela to bed last night and we were doing our usual ritual of reading a Bible story, then we talk for a minute or two before praying and then off to dreamland. Well, she told me that I was beautiful (voce e linda) which is something we say to her a lot. I then told her how she is my flower and my angel, etc. Then she asked me if I was her mom and if I take care of her. I affirmed both of these. Then she said with such sincerity, Mom, you are my sun! (voce e meu sol) It was so sweet. And the interesting thing is that we have never used that term at all with her in an affectionate way, she just came up with it herself.

2 comments:

Amber said...

What a cute girl! I need to see her again- she sounds so grown up! Less then a year until our reunion!

Maria said...

Yeah!! I am getting excited about our reunion too!!!