Yes, I know I'm in dire need of catching up on my blog. Sorry. But it appears that life is beginning to become a bit more "in control" or at least with more of a rhythm to it.
So I am now employed, gainfully or not is yet to be discovered :) I guess something is better than nothing, which is what we'll have very shortly. It is not a dream job, but it is mostly day hours, not too early, nor too late when it is evening, and definitely a job one can leave "at work" and it not interfere with normal, daily family life. It is not terribly difficult, though I imagine at times it will be busy and/or stressful and there are a few aches and pains (in my feet) too. If I didn't have to have my paycheck to pay for rent and food, the discount would be nice too. Curious where I am now working? Go here to check it out!
I also have the opportunity to "fill in" for a great job that combines my social work skills and my doula background. This will be a bit sporadic, but it should be nice for a change of pace on occasion.
In the meantime I am keeping options open to see what doors may open (or not). But I am now a working mom (as if there are any other kind), and so far with Fares being a student, Gabriela has not had to spend too much time away from us, which is really nice.
No comments:
Post a Comment