Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Random Thoughts and Sharings

In no certain order, and for no certain reason...

1. Anyone else have any sort of OCD behaviors? I love to peel glue off the bottle cap or to dig around and get the hole unstuck of old dried up glue. Same thing goes for peeling bark off twigs.

2. Great tip for cooking with garlic: to peel the garlic, just smash the clove with the flat side of a large knife... it is entirely simple to get the skin off. I've also heard that allowing the smashed or minced garlic (if fresh) to sit for about 10 minutes before cooking increases the healthy, healing parts of the garlic to increase substantially.

3. Wanna be impressed if you don't know anything about horses? Wanna be completely awe-inspired if you do?? Check this out! It's amazing!

4. What do you do when you don't have any good ideas for dinner? Eating out or carrying in is not an option. I am a lucky girl as I have a husband who enjoys to cook, is a good cook, and fast too. But when I am rushed and it's late *I* usually fall short of inspiration. Oh, and I have very little freezer space, so it's hard to make "freezer meals"

5. Some favorite tv shows: MASH 4077, Dharma & Greg, Little House on the Prairie, just about everything on HGTV or other home improvement/decorator show.

6. Wanna see another cool website? Check it out. It just went up today!

7. I know at least one of you likes South Korean cuisine. Here is a simple salad dressing recipe from a good friend of mine:
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
1 Tbsp sugar
(if you like, red pepper paste or powder to your liking. I make it without)

Okay, enough random items for now. Later alligator!

2 comments:

KAT said...

That was a cool horse show. I was very impressed.

Anonymous said...

1. Closer to OCD all the time, I think. (c: Have become quiet determined to straighten the blankets before getting into bed. And I was bothered that the label on my pop can didn't line up with the opening the way I thought it should the other day. That was an unusually stressful day, though.

3. Wow! I read a Black Stallion book about dressage when I was little and wanted to see it ever since.

4. I usually go for a quick carb. Spaghetti, fried rice, quick-cooking barley with spinach and cheese, pasta with cottage cheese, etc. Or a quesadilla and soup.

6. Awesome!! I wish I could sign up. I bet you do a great job!

7. Yum! I really want to try it. Even bought some lettuce because of it, though I usually don't do salad when it's cold. Matt would definitely add the hot pepper, but it would have to be to his own bowl.