So it is 63 degrees at 7:30pm (sun has long gone down for the day) and it is January 7. Nutty weather we're having. Not that I am complaining, but we were supposed to hit a record high today (haven't watched the news today, so not sure if we did or not). It feels like spring. In my opinion, this would be ideal... a nice fall, some wintery weather and a couple snowfalls between Thanksgiving and Christmas... then spring shows up again! Fares says we should move to Texas then :) (Don't have a heart attack mom)
So I wasn't quite as productive as I might have been, but Gabriela and I took advantage of the weather and strong breezes and went outside for a bit. I did get the oil changed this morning and spent some of my gift card to Wal-Mart and picked up a few groceries for the week. Taught my BIL, then went outside and ran around for a while. I am also up to date on our "novela" (brasilian soap opera). I still need to watch last night's Desperate Housewives, but that should be after Gabriela is in bed (hopefully asleep before 10pm).
I attempted a pumpkin soup tonight. I used two of Fares' new toys. One is the generic "Bullet" to get the frozen (fresh) pumpkin pureed. But once it was simmering, there were still some noticeable larger pieces floating around. So I got out the other toy... a handheld mixer that worked wonderfully! You just stick the beater blade straight into the pot, and presto! it was a beautiful and smooth consistency in 30 seconds or so.
Unfortunately, the soup didn't turn out quite as good as I had hoped. My friend used canned pumpkin (as most would) when she made it (and I copied her recipe), but mine was a bit lacking, quite possibly because it was fresh pumpkin. Oh well. My husband ate two bowls, and Gabriela and I tried, but I couldn't quite finish my bowl. We topped dinner off with PB&Honey ;)
Well, she wants to go running down our corridor, her new favorite pastime. Amazing how much energy kids truly have... Maybe I'll get another post up before the night is over (if she goes to sleep!)
No comments:
Post a Comment