
We spent our Saturday afternoon (literally, about 3 hours) at the eyeglass store. Both hubby and I were needing some new eye wear and a check up, as it had been a couple years. Well, we walked away with a lot, and a decent deal, but it was not necessarily cheap. So... if you and/or your kids are 20/20 naturally... be thankful. It can get pricey. Fortunately, being my age, my prescription has held up pretty well (it's supposed to stay stable for another 10 years or so). But I also know that Gabriela is unlikely to escape the use of eyeglasses, but we'll see. At least her teeth are on the healthy side right now.
So, though my prescription is okay, my husband has been badly wanting me to get some new, "more fashionable" glasses. That's fine with me. He was needing an update on his script, and wanted some new contacts too. So we both went in and got the deals. Mine was a buy one get one free (with the exam free) plus another 10% discount due to Fares' order.

I really did not plan on getting two pairs of glasses. I usually only wear them in the mornings and at night, or long, lazy days on the weekend. But the gal sold me on the idea of getting some prescription sunglasses... because the extra for the UV lenses would have been the same as paying for the eye exam if I only ordered one pair of glasses... so, it was such a good deal I took advantage. The downside to wearing regular glasses is not having sunglasses when you go outside... so now I can by switching to the second pair! And both I must say look good. I was worried I couldn't find something, but we did without too much trouble. It was then trying to decide which ones!

Cool sunglasses!
This one turned out cute with me and my baby, that's not a baby anymore, but she is my buddy! She was the photographer for that top picture.
No pics of Fares as his look really didn't change. We kept his old frames (I think he's jealous now though) but he can see better, which is always a good thing. Now we need to work on his hearing :)
2 comments:
Those are great! I always wanted glasses when I was little because I thought it would be fun to pick frames. I did get to help my sister pick hers this year. Now I just need to find time and motivation to get my eyes checked--I think it's been 10 years, so who knows, I might need them.
I haven't had my eyes checked for years, maybe 10 or 12 years. But your glasses look good.
Post a Comment