Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Preparation

I haven't written much lately because it seems like life has been fairly boring. It's not a bad thing, we're just in the regular routine of life, and nothing much is going on. Except that we are constantly looking to the future to see what it holds for us. We are preparing. Some days this is exciting. Other days it is quite stressful. We only have one lead so far, and it's far away in Texas. Fares flies down the end of this month for an on-site interview, etc. We'll see. In the meantime, I have cut and taped this prayer in the bathroom as a reminder for comfort and thought I'd share:

Prayer of Preparation

O God Almighty,
Father of our Lord Jesus Christ:
Grant us, we pray,
to be grounded and settle in your truth
by the coming down of the Holy Spirit into our hearts.
That which we know not, reveal;
that which is wanting in us, fill up;
that which we know, confirm;
and keep us blameless in your service;
through the same Jesus Christ Our Lord. Amen.

(Clement of Rome, 1st Century)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like that! There's another prayer by Thomas Merton I really like for unclear paths. The main thrust is that "I do not know if I am going the right way. But I trust that my desire to please you does please you, and that you will honor it." Much better phrased in the original, though. I will have to look it up and send it do you. Thanks for sharing the one you are using. I will pass it on to a friend in transition.

Anonymous said...

I have to admit I hope you don't end up in Texas, though. Too far!