Clockwise, starting at 1:00 --> Banana bread loaves, Russian tea cookies (has jam in the middle), Eggnog cookies, Gingersnaps, sugar cookies, Buckeyes, Pumpkin Gingerbread cakes (later get a glaze on top)
Sunday, December 23, 2007
Christmas Baking!
Friday I (and Gabriela) spent the entire day baking. Let me repeat: the ENTIRE day! No joke. I figured I would, but I did literally spend the whole day baking... cookies and cake and candy for Christmas. It's fun to do a large variety, in big batches, once a year. I'm sharing it with friends, as well as family. And there is still plenty leftover to take with me to Grandma's. Wanna see?

Clockwise, starting at 1:00 --> Banana bread loaves, Russian tea cookies (has jam in the middle), Eggnog cookies, Gingersnaps, sugar cookies, Buckeyes, Pumpkin Gingerbread cakes (later get a glaze on top)
A close-up of our artistry :) Gabriela really enjoyed the sprinkles, eating them that is! I liked using crushed candy canes as additional decorations. I flavored the icing too ... green=mint, blue=peppermint, "pink"=cherry (not very obvious though) and yellow=lemon (the best IMO)
And here is my little helper. She did a really good job. It's fun that she is at an age where she can help and enjoys it. She helped me deliver the goodies and pick out which cookies went to whom, etc. She had to wait, but she did a good job waiting, despite asking 100 times when she could eat them...
Clockwise, starting at 1:00 --> Banana bread loaves, Russian tea cookies (has jam in the middle), Eggnog cookies, Gingersnaps, sugar cookies, Buckeyes, Pumpkin Gingerbread cakes (later get a glaze on top)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment