Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Adoro ser ti-tia!!! (I love being an aunt)

When I married, I became part of a large family, and inherited several nephews ... which I adore!!! But obviously we have limited involvement in their daily lives living so far away. The other night I came home and Fares asked me to get online to talk to one of our nephews because he needed something. He wanted to learn how to tie a tie so he could wear one (for the first time) the next day when he went to register for his college classes (he's beginning to study to be a lawyer). Well, I am fortunate enough to have had my father teach me to tie a tie, and so I got one of Fares' ties, and sat in front of our computer camera and proceeded to teach my nephew, umpteen-thousand of miles away, how to tie a tie. He got the hang of it, and I knew he'd practice enough to do a good job of it. He sent me the photo below to document this "milestone"



I LOVE being an aunt, even thousands of miles away!!! And thanks to today's technology, I was able to participate in a small way in his life, which is just really neat to me. Have I said how much I love being an aunt?!?

1 comment:

KAT said...

how cool! Good job, I don't think I could tie a tie...