So our journey to our new house and neighborhood was a bit more dramatic than we had planned. There was getting a contract with the owners, then dealing with new rules the banks have to follow, having to apply at a second bank to get the loan due to those rules (not due to our credit or anything) and then ... MOVING! Ugh.
Now half of our stuff has been in a 10x10 storage unit for the last three years, so it was mostly "packed" and ready to go. But we did our move in about 3 stages due to circumstances, which in the long run made it a little less exhausting.
So the weekend after the Fourth my parents came out with their 3-horse trailer and we loaded the vast majority of the storage unit into the horse trailer ... in between the rain drops ;>) This would stay stored at my parent's until we closed on the house the following week.
Did I mention that the following week we would be on a family reunion vacation in Michigan - that I was in charge of...?? So I was also making sure I had what I needed for that (activities, swim gear, FOOD for 37 people, etc) and sent most of that home with the parents too (the consequence of having a truck :)
So the following week I spent putting as much of our apartment into boxes as I possibly could. All week I heard "where is ____?" Answer: "It's in a box. We're moving in less than a week!" But by the end of the week it was almost all in boxes, even if the boxes were not taped shut :)
No comments:
Post a Comment