This summer I will be hosting my cousins from my mom's side and all of their families at a bi-annual family reunion. We started this in 2007, and are taking turns in age order at hosting. So that makes me second oldest (of the cousins... husbands not included :) I found a great place last summer after lots of on-line surfing. It's a church camp that rents out its buildings all summer. The building has beds with provided bedding and linens, as well as a dining hall, and a kitchen we can use when we choose. And it's a 20 minute walk to the beach! I've had all this arranged for quite a while, but had not had the chance to see it in person. So my mother and I drove up over Mother's Day weekend to check it out. It is just as good in person as it seemed to be on paper, so that was a relief. Here are some pretty pictures ... of the scenery (I won't bore you with the housing accommodations)
On the drive home, we took IN SR 41 all the way. It takes me through some old stomping grounds, but there is new scenery there: wind farms! Everywhere for miles! It was amazingly and surprisingly beautiful! I was in awe and I think it is totally cool! Here are some good shots. They say that the turbine at the top is the size of a school bus... and it does seem to be about that size when you see it in person!
No comments:
Post a Comment