After three years of waiting... we will be moving on!
Fares was offered, and accepted, a full-time Spanish position at Gateway Community College in Covington/Florence, KY. The position starts in August, so we now have two months to pack up and relocate.
Praise the Lord!! We have been praying and waiting (and waiting) patiently for the next phase in our life for a long time now. I started this blog shortly after we moved here. When he returned to school to start a new profession, we thought we'd be here from one summer to the next, then move on. Then it was necessary to stay for another additional year. Okay. Then, we did not find a job last year, so he was given the opportunity to stay and teach, plus his brother and wife moved here. Now, our time here is done and we are ready for what lies ahead.
The location is not what we were rooting for, but will be a good place for us. It is exactly one hour to my parents (compared to the three hours we've driven for 10 years) and though it is not what we had hoped, we will be no further from our dear friends in Indianapolis than we are now.
I am excited for Fares' opportunity in this job. So many he's talked to over these past few years that work full-time at community colleges love it! (many had even taught at universities for years prior to the community college experience.) And it is not everyday that community colleges have a full-time position open for instructors. We have been blessed with a scenario that we had merely hoped for. He will also receive respectable compensation for his work there (but we'll never be rich in our line of work), as well as being a lead in growing the foreign language department, which he says will be a lot of work, but I think they have chosen the right man for the job. I am very proud of him and his many many talents.
So, now comes the busy part. Relocating, and hopefully buying a house. (yeah!) And also saying good-bye. Though we've tried our hardest to leave this place, it has been good to us, and there are many good people here. Sadly, we'll also have to leave our nephew behind too... and he just got here! But God could bring them to us by this time next year too!
Thank you Lord, for your provision in our time of transition and preparation.... and Glory for your faithfulness!! Amen.
3 comments:
Oh! Farther away...heartbreaking, but some place to visit! Kentucky is fabulous and it really sounds like there is a bit of utopia there for you.
Ha! I was getting ready to offer to help you move, but I think I'd be more of a hassel than I am worth at this point. I'll be watching your blog closely. Keep us updated!
Congratulations! What a blessing. Good luck in your move.
Cathy and I are very happy for you guys! And now Neguinho gets to be with his family too!
Blessings from Above
Post a Comment