Her classroom are the bees... meaning the classroom theme and Gabriela seems to identify with that. I happened upon this idea on-line, not really searching for it, but it turned out to be perfect and the kids loved it! They were all around me when I arrived, asking is it cupcakes? No. Cake? No. Brownies? No. But it's a surprise, just clean up and sit down. All very cute.
The best part wasn't even the cute cookies we made to look like bees...
... It was that the class had learned to sing "Happy Birthday" in Portuguese!! Gabriela has always wound up singing in Portuguese for her classmates, and enjoys doing so, but I thought it was about time the favor was returned... Her teacher was totally open to it, so I sent along the words and made a voice file and they practiced for just over a week. Honestly I was very impressed with their effort and success! Take a listen...
No comments:
Post a Comment