Thursday, October 30, 2008

Field Trip!

Last week I went on the classic school field trip with Gabriela and her class: to the pumpkin patch! The weather forecast originally called for rain and cold temps, but we were lucky and the front took longer to arrive and so it though it was chilly first thing in the morning, but it warmed up to a nice fall day by lunchtime and we did not really suffer. We went on a nice long hayride out to the pumpkin patch, picked our pumpkins off the vines, then we did some mazes (a corn maze and a "spider web" made out of pvc pipes, a tour of the barn and had our brown bag lunches. This is my second trip with the class, so I've learned a lot of the kids' names and am feeling more comfortable "helping out" in the supervision of twenty 5 year olds!



For all pictures, click here!

1 comment:

Sarah Mae said...

I had been wishing that we had a pumpkin patch somewhere nearby so we could go on a trip like that. But we are short on pumpkin patches in Southern Arizona. That looks like fun though!