I like being able to decorate my house with the changing seasons and holidays. This is my present table scape that I think is just so homey.
Gabriela is doing well in school. She has adjusted well. My one concern at the beginning was that she was hardly eating any of her lunch each day. It seems she has figured out how to eat a little faster now and is doing much better. She was buying milk each day, but I'm sending a drink now so she doesn't have to stand in line to wait for the milk. She has complained a little bit lately about not liking school (even though she does great and has some friends, etc). It apparently is because she plays elsewhere at recess and she doesn't get a chance to go on the swings and that she does feel rushed at lunch. Oh well. I like her teacher and she's right on track with her learning. She's also starting to get the hang of reading in portuguese, which is really exciting for all of us and we're just thrilled!
Here she is in her Johny Appleseed hat. They studied him one week and so she saved the seeds from two apples that she has since planted at Grandma's house so she can have apple trees.
Do you know this prayer song? We sang it frequently at Girl Scout Camp:
Oh the Lord is good to me
And so I'll thank the Lord
For giving me the things I need
The sun and the rain and the apple trees
Oh the Lord is good to me
(Amen)
1 comment:
Now that I'm done canning I need to pull out all of my Halloween stuff and put it up. I'm not entirely certain where it all is though...
Post a Comment