Monday, March 24, 2008

Birthdays and Trains and Easter Eggs... Oh My!

We were finally able to celebrate Gabriela's 5th birthday this past weekend, and in great style! We met family and friends about an hour east of Indy to go on a train ride that would take us to a bunny patch for an Easter egg hunt. The original plan was to have a picnic lunch at a park first, but due to chilly weather (never mind that the two days prior and the two days after it was significantly nicer) we met at a pizza place instead.



We ate our pizza and had the cake and opened gifts. She got some really cool presents: a butterfly hatchery, princess book, The Hungry Caterpillar book, a stuffed pony, a tent with accessories and a big girl BIKE!



Then went on our chilly egg hunt. The actual train ride was rather short. Very short for many. Oh well. I hope the little kids enjoyed what time they had on a big train regardless.



There were plenty of eggs to be had, plus a chance to see the Easter bunny. We spent Easter with one of our friends in Indy and had a good time and a yummy dinner. We've returned to yet another busy week and have begun the week a little behind on rest. You can go here and here to see more pictures if you like!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like she had a great time!

Amber said...

Looks like fun!! Did you do the cake? (I'm hoping you say yes because it looks fantastic!)

Maria said...

Of course I did the cake!!! With your tutorial! It turned out pretty good I think! The bottom part of the dress got smudged somehow, but it was good overall and I liked doing it. Thanks for your inspiration!