Thursday, July 19, 2007

Summer travels

We took an afternoon to hang out with our really cool friends that are returning home to South Korea and checked out a place I had seen advertised on the highway... Cataract Falls. They are the largest waterfalls in Indiana. Prepare yourself... here they are!



This is the lower falls ... there is another one about a 1/2 mile upstream labeled the upper falls. This is an 18 foot drop. Though not overly impressive, it was fun to see and we were able to wade at the top and check out the holes made in the creek bed (the water seemed to be a bit low) It was fun to get off the beaten track and see some of the interesting, lesser known places in this area. It's in a state rec area, so it was a cheap entrance fee for the vehicle.

2 comments:

Amy said...

We used to go to Cataract Falls a lot as a kid. I haven't been there since 1999.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you got to play outside! We just got back from a camping trip in the Hocking Hills--very fun!

Barbie