Monday, July 09, 2007

Personal Update

So, after a year's search for a suitable professional job in our new location, I have found something that will work. I filed all my paperwork today and will start orientation next week. It is a part-time, but salaried, position. I like the flexibility it will offer. It's also in my field of interest and experience: social work with the focus on maternal/infant health. I will be conducting workshops each month that will teach participants about Dr. Karp's "Happiest Baby on the Block" method of calming crying infants. I am the point person for this new program the agency is launching, so I will be responsible for all the PR and such to make this a success. Pray that it will be.

I will be staying at the retail store (with reduced hours) until mid-August, then I will be changing positions so I will not be cashiering anymore, but doing their daily audits on the weekends. It's something they need, and it's short hours. I may even be able to keep my cheap insurance with them this way as the other job does not have any benefits.

So I am glad for this new opportunity and hope that it will make it easier to care for my family once the school year starts again in late August. Life gets a little hectic around here with only one car and three of us going in about four or five different directions ;)

Thanks to all who have prayed for me and listened to me whine frequently!

No comments: