So my best friend and I took about 20 hours (not including driving) to meet at a city that was half-way for both of us and have that day together without kids, or husbands. It was nice, but alas, not long enough. Maybe next time we'll be able to squeeze some extra time in together. Though we talk weekly, we don't see each other often anymore so it was nice to just be able to talk and eat a meal together without toddler tantrums or other duties calling our names. So, probably not the most photogenic picture of either of us (this was the morning we had to go back home), but a testimony to our two decade and still going strong friendship. I honestly don't know what I'd do in life without her as my best friend.

My daughter was privileged to spend the weekend with her grandparents. She had a great time and did not want to go home afterward. This is her enjoying her bike on their cement pad.
1 comment:
Looks like fun! I'm jealous!! I need a weekend away.
Post a Comment