Sorry I've not posted much recently. It just seems that there is not much to post as of late. Life seems to go on as usual most days. A few recent highlights:
A couple weeks ago I got sick and was unable to go to work (first time to "call off" in almost 7 months). But... I got to see a friend from our old hometown that was in town visiting her relatives that day. It was nice to see her and catch up with her.
The weather is steadily improving and we've started a vegetable garden. We have three tomato plants, a lot of beet starts, some lemon grass, cilantro, green onion and possibly a squash that Gabriela got from a recent field trip. She also has some flowers for some pretty color. When it gets growing we'll take a picture.
Our friends graduated last Saturday. I was unable to attend the festivities due to my work schedule (ugh), but my brother also happened to be here. He came out to visit us, which was really cool. We hung out and went to a nice park and had a relaxing weekend. Fares has finally finished all his spring semester duties (he had to give grades!) and is now beginning to work on his summer courses.
Oh, I got Employee of the Month from my job. Woo-hoo! But it gives me some spending money, which the first thing I bought was this cool statue of a mom holding her child up in the air. Very cool.
We also got to see our friends' new baby last week. He was six weeks old and very sweet. He even wound up going to sleep in my arms at the end of the day, (sigh) how sweet!
Gabriela's school is nearing the end, and we're feeling the "May rush" We had a field trip two weeks ago, then a mother's night out last week, a picnic this week and fun and games next week. I'm not sure what she'll do without school. She really enjoys it. I need to see about swim or gymnastic classes for her this summer.
So, the beat goes on. Hope yours is dance music!
1 comment:
Where are you doing your garden at? I want to start some pots on our porch- but it doesn't get much sun.
Congrats on the Employee of the Month! (Have you seen that movie yet?)
Post a Comment