So both of these are sort of special. This first one is a pine cone wreath. You don't see as much "white space" in real life as the picture makes glaringly obvious... but it's made from the pine cones from the three pine trees my parents have on their property. When we moved there they were pretty small, but have grown quite large in the last 20 years. But they have also become diseased and two of the three have already been cut down, the third one just waiting it's turn for the same fate. But I thought this would be a nice way to "memorialize" it and have a winter wreath... not overly "christmas-y." This particular one is for my mom. Hopefully I'll make my own version next year.

This is one other bag that I made for my best-est friend in the whole wide world. The emblem is a celtic knot, and though most celtic knots are up for any number of interpretations, this particular one seems to only be related to motherhood. I thought it quite appropriate given our stage of life. It's hard to see, but her son's birthstone is also there.
No comments:
Post a Comment