I must say, part of our transition to our new home is a good one as we are much closer to my family than we have ever been before. Since I was 18, I've always been about 3+ hours away from "home" except for one summer I was at home and about 15 months that it was only a 2 hour drive. Now we are about an hour with no traffic, or an extra 10-15 depending on Cincinnati traffic. We've seen much more of my family than usual, and without having to make it an entire weekend and spend a night or two away from our home.
But the really cool part is that it is not only my parents we've seen more of, but my brother! We have a typical older sister-younger brother sort of relationship, but we love each other. He's come down to help me with some house projects (he's really good at wiring and electric, and other stuff too) and to get help with his statistics class. So he'll come down and spend a couple days with us, use our guest bedroom, hang out, play with his niece, etc. It's really such a sweet surprise that we get to see so much of him - WAY more than usual!
One funny thing, though, is that sometimes it will be he and I and Gabriela that run to the store or do something in public, and he's completely paranoid that people think he is her dad!! LOL!! It's funny b/c she does have his same color hair, texture and all ... He might be getting a "I'm the uncle" t-shirt for Christmas this year :) And, btw, his niece totally adores him and his attention.
Like I said, I'm very content we've moved to where we are ...
No comments:
Post a Comment