That afternoon we stopped by our apartment fall festival, then over to the public library for a book, then tried out a church trunk-or-treat but it wasn't very large, though we did get a little hayride. We also then went to a dinner party that night for a brasilian exchange person. Woo... it was a busy Thursday.
But she had so much fun going out last night, and it was *perfect* weather for such an outing. My BIL and SIL went along to try out this American custom. There were lots of kids out and about and the neighbors were really into it too, with many houses decorated and a few in costume even. There were two "scary" moments... the first was an adult dressed up like Freddy in a mask and overalls just walking silently down the sidewalk amongst the crowd... my BIL got a little spooked by him as he walked by. The other was when we went to one house that had spooky sounds. We heard them as we went up the stairs, and I was even talking to her about them because they sounded like a lion or other such animal... except when we got to the top of the stairs, the speaker was right there and she got scared with the sound being so close and right next to her :) But she laughed, so it was fun.
Here's the "loot." We filled one bucket last weekend by going to the ISU Homecoming Parade (it's supposed to be the largest homecoming parade of any college AND they throw lots of candy, except most of it was tootsie rolls or gum...) And we got nearly a second bucket by going out, but honestly I remember getting more as a child... or maybe it was my perception? Or maybe it is our recession... but I guess I am okay with that as an adult. We have been lucky with cooperation on her part and it's one piece of candy per day, usually. Some of it already went upstairs with her aunt and uncle and some of it will find it's way to Fares' work kitchen I think :) I tell ya, between now and Easter, we have an endless supply of candy in the house.
3 comments:
So cute! I love the red wig. I can't believe how big she's getting! Happy Halloween!
so cute!!!
Awesome mermaid costume. Did she sing the songs the whole time?
Post a Comment