Happy Valentine's Day to you and yours... hope it is happy and even a bit romantic! In honor of this day, I thought I'd share why I love "mine" in a baker's dozen:
(in no particular order)
- He is an honest, sincere man
- He is extremely generous
- He loves his family and God
- He is very stable and wise
- He is comforting and affectionate (and demonstrates it)
- He is a great father; he plays and he disciplines
- He is hard working, smart, talented
- He's good at "fiddling" with computers and such
- He is an AWESOME cook!!
- He is a modern man... willing to clean, cook, babysit, etc.
- He is health conscious
- He can tell great stories and jokes
- He loves me
We did not do much on V-Day as we actually did not see each other except over lunch. I worked all day and by the time I got home, he was at work. Gabriela and I did have heart-shaped pancakes and eggs for dinner though :)
We did actually go out and celebrate over the weekend though. My parents were kind enough to meet us half-way to pick up/drop off Gabriela, and so Fares and I spent Sat-Sun on our own in Indy. We ate out more than we liked, and did not want to leave the hotel the next morning (the bed was super comfy and we wanted to sleep more... plus check out was at 11am!) We watched two odd movies... "Lucky Number Slevin" (it was okay, though a grim story) and "8 Heads in a Duffle Bag" (really bad title, and really stupid, but funny, especially at 2am) So we spent a lot of time walking around stores and malls, and the Canal Walk, which was really nice b/c we enjoyed the sun while it was out and with it a very strong wind. It was great to get out and exercise and see a nice part of downtown.
So, this week is back to reality.... (sigh)
2 comments:
yay for alone time! It was so nice to get away for a couple of days with just Steve. I'm looking forward to doing it again for our anniversary.
I'm glad you got your weekend--sounds like fun!
Post a Comment