Friday, September 28, 2007

First hectic week... almost done!

With my new job, I am only scheduled to work 16 hours a week, and it's flexible so I can do those hours almost anytime I want. I love the flexibility and it keeps Gabriela out of daycare most of the time. But on occasion I substitute elsewhere, which is really great work and money and people, but on those weeks, I am out of the house everyday and she goes to drop-in daycare in the afternoon after morning pre-school. Last week I was totally stressed out about this schedule for this week; just feeling like I would be super over-worked. But... not that I'm not tired, but it went much more smoothly this week than I was fearing. I have a couple more hours at the office this afternoon, then it's the weekend! Yeah! Then I get to do it all over again next week.

My husband said something last night... it's not that our current town is our favorite place we've lived, but it has been really good to us. His professors and co-students have been great; I love the people I work with and my new job is going well; he's had great opportunities to teach and may be teaching portuguese to candidates chosen to spend a month in Brasil this summer as part of a Rotary program. I'm going to help with another exchange program in October with brasilians, and his brother may be coming here to study also. Pray for us as we continue to feel out our future... he has applied for some positions in Indianapolis, but is currently investigating going ahead and doing the PhD...

No comments: