I LOVE..... milk! And just about anything that can be made from it or with it.
Unfortunately, something odd has occurred recently. I believe I have developed lactose intolerance. And, those little lactase pills are not helping. They did for a bit, but no longer do. Now, I've gone without milk (and icecream and cheese and yogurt) before. While Gabriela was an infant, I went an entire year without it (and soy substitutes are NO substitute) But that was for a limited time and for a good reason (otherwise she screamed like a banshee)
But now there does not appear to be any hope that this is "temporary." It has been over two years since I re-introduced milk after a year's hiatus with no problem until recently. As my best friend Katie has explained, normally lactose intolerance develops from too early an introduction of milk to an "injured"(sick) intestinal system. But that has not happened to me. As far as I can tell, it is sudden, unexplained and with no solution.
I did try lactose free milk today and it is pretty good, nearly the exact taste of regular milk. At least I can make pudding with that.
This is a very sad predicament, and quite depressing actually. You can not imagine the number of yummy foods that I can not eat anymore without extreme stomach pain.
So, even though the motherly wisdom is to not cry over spilled milk, it is rather difficult not to at this moment in my life :(
2 comments:
I'm sorry! That stinks!
Ouch, that's too bad.
Post a Comment