This was a very nice profile the technician got. We got to see him doing all sorts of cute things, but sadly, it's not recorded... it's not allowed! (Hmpphh... go figure! And don't get me started on who has what right to say what you can and cannot do with your own body!) But the technician was super nice, showed me what I wanted and answered my questions and was sympathetic to the rules that she doesn't like either... she printed lots of pics for us though. He opened his mouth several times, and even stuck his tongue out! All checked out perfectly.
At first, his legs were in the way, and I thought she was suspecting girl parts (I totally was!) but upon closer inspection, I was wrong. It is indeed a boy. The idea is growing on me, slowly, but Gabriela truly is having a hard time re-imagining life with a little brother rather than with a little sister. I am to blame too as I was totally expecting another little girl ... I had not even tried imagining a son! But at least we have a little time to get used to our new reality.
We had had a name way back when picked out for a boy... but now that it appears to be a reality, that name doesn't have the same attraction as it used to. So we're reconsidering names. We may have one picked out, but it's not definite yet.
Now, the hard part ... I'm going to need all new clothes!!! I have saved all of Gabriela's clothes with the intention of having a second child and re-using them if it were a girl... so they will all find a new home eventually.
2 comments:
I am so excited for you to have a little boy! Gabriela is so sweet, you will do great with this little one I am sure. He is lucky to be coming to such a strong family.
Send me your address. I've been giving a lot of our boy clothes to a client of mine, but it will be a long time before I see her again and I still have a TON to get rid of.
Post a Comment