I left off with about half of our MI trip. The rest was really awesome! It's so fun to have a large family and all get along and have fun. This year we added story time at night with the grandparents (and host took one night). We also had a Family Talent Show, which was a blast! Hopefully we get even more acts next time! Here are a few more pics to share:
Storytime
Some of the Talent Show Acts:
Of course, all good things must come to an end. But not before taking some group shots!
Here is EVERYONE!

We are notoriously high on estrogen, but the men are slowly beginning to build some strength. Pictured is the only boy in the new generation, but since then another boy has been born and another confirmed to arrive late this year... we have some pretty awesome guys in our group, and all are a fun-loving bunch and fabulous fathers! I think it's pretty neat to be able to say that I am friends with my cousins' husbands...
At the time of the reunion we had 15 children with three on the way. Here are all 15, in age order, in various states of cooperativeness :)
And, finally, THE COUSINS... my generation, minus spouses. I love you all!
So, just prior to the reunion, we had driven from IN late on a Thurs to OH, to travel to KY on a Fri am - Fares to a meeting for his new job, and I a bit later to sign for our house! We actually spent the night on an air mattress that night in our new home and then traveled to Indy Sat to leave for MI on Sunday. Reunion was Sun - Thurs. We returned to good, old Terre Haute Thursday after a brief stop at the world's best gummy factory located in NW Indiana ...

My parents also helped, which is so nice and helpful. They picked up the truck, and then got the last of our stuff from storage that night. Friday we spent loading the truck, which again was packed tightly and about every single square inch used. We took off that afternoon and used all 5 drivers. Dad took the moving truck to his house, Fares drove our new car and all our electronics straight to our house, Mom drove her truck home, I drove my car, and my brother picked up his car in Indy after getting it repaired there... whew! I went to OH and did some laundry and then drove down the next day with Mom to unload the truck. Our friend Fred came up from Louisville to help. It rained all day and my poor brother even slipped and fell on his tailbone. But we managed to get it all in the house, most of it in the garage :) Can I say we were tired? But we were moved!!
Fares spent the weekend with us, then went back to IN to teach his last two classes of the summer. When he returned, we wound up with a house full of guests. Gabriela's best friend celebrated her birthday here in Cincinnati, plus two other close families. I think it was 13 people that slept here.
We did cake and a pinata that night, then spent Sat at The Beach Waterpark ... it was fun! The girls couldn't do many rides, but they loved the wave pool and had fun.
The Lazy River...

The girls
Robin and his "harem" - the other two dads skipped the outing... (minus the blond in the back, and not to forget his wife, taking the picture!)
Hot Mamas

The next day we went to the Cincinnati Zoo. Can you believe I ran into an old high school friend on my way in/her way out! Crazy! It's a great zoo and I imagine we'll return often.
So... that takes us to the end of July. The day after this pic, Fares started his new job. Crazy busy month, if I must say so myself. I think I covered most of August in a previous post. I'll update on September shortly.
1 comment:
Maria I have a question about a little detail from the numbers at the family reunion...
Post a Comment