Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Catch up on Graduation

Well, it's crazy that May is nearly over and I haven't shared about graduation, which was at the beginning of May. So... here are a few shots of our first graduation, because we have two this year.

The day prior to Fares' graduation, his brother arrived!! He's the one on the far left in black. He has come to ready his English this summer so he can begin the same course of study that Fares just completed. His wife will join him by this fall. We're excited to have them here and be a nice family unit! We should be living in the same building even! Yeah for free babysitters :)


Fares' graduation finally arrived. I can't tell you how long both of us have been waiting for his studies to be done! He has worked incredibly hard these past two years, and excelled too. But we're both more than happy to be done being full time students. My parents came out for the ceremony, which was rather boring. Granted, it's a university so lots of students to walk the stage... but they ran through the names so fast I almost did not get to witness it as I was trying to snap a picture from far away (and right after was informed that there was a place I could have gone for a better close up. great timing. not.) Sadly, it also turned quite chilly that afternoon and it took a while to find him in the massive crowd afterward, and I hardly saw any of our other friends in their gowns.

Here's my handsome hubby in his cap and gown. I am very proud of him.

And for those of you unaware (with my apologies)... we are staying put for another year! He will be faculty this next year. We're fine with that, though we do not plan on staying here forever. But for now it is good for us (more experience, continued cheap living, family nearby, etc..)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! It is so exciting to be done! I hope you have a wonderful summer to enjoy.