Wow. Thanksgiving is only a week away! It doesn't quite feel like it due to the weather being so mild (so far) this year. This week is back to being seasonal. We made our menu for next week, so I have to find a vegetable (non-orange) to make, and want to do something different, but not too different. Any ideas?
We often "run over" Thanksgiving, but it's a nice holiday. The food is classic, and it's starting to get all cozy, and "revving" up for Christmas of course. I like the Macy's Day Parade... but we often miss it b/c we're traveling that morning :(
But I am starting to get the itch for the holiday season... I absolutely LOVE Christmas! It's just such a sweet time of year, and I love the decorations, the music, getting together with friends and family, the lights, the celebration of a birth (if you know me, I have to love birth ;) I just wish that Christmas music in the stores had not started til next week (I heard some 2-3 weeks ago... way too early in my humble opinion) and that some stuff was not in the stores in August! Christmas trees in the stores in November I understand, but before the kids are back in school? Ridiculous. I just did a music survey for the local Christian radio station I listen to so they have my input on what Christmas songs to play more/less of. Cool.
Some of my favorite Christmas songs:
Little Drummer Boy
Do You Hear What I Hear?
Carol of the Bells
O Holy Night
I have some shopping done, but more to figure out. I HATE giving presents - just to give presents. I really enjoy gift giving, but only when I know it is something that person will really enjoy, something they would not get for themselves, or do not realize they could use, or have not been able to find it for themselves, etc.
Hope all is well and we remember what all we have to be thankful for.
1 comment:
I'm ready for Christmas now! I finished my 50,000 words so I can properly decorate and celebrate. Yay!!
Post a Comment