Monday, June 11, 2007

Yummm.... Strawberries!

I had the best time on Saturday... Gabriela and I went to a U-Pick Strawberry farm! The weather was absolutely ideal. Warm, but not humid, or too hot, a perfectly clear blue sky. We even got there late morning and still did not suffer from the sun (except I discovered late Sunday night that I apparently exposed my lower back and got burnt!) The strawberries we picked were great... juicy and sweet (some that it tasted like they already had sugar sprinkled on them) We picked nearly 12 pounds for us and another 6.5 for a friend. She made us fresh preserves with some of hers (double yum). What we did not eat the first day and a half I was able to get into the freezer. I want to make some fresh shortcakes to go with them.

Gabriela did a really good job of helping and picking out good berries too. She got tired after the first box, but I think she had fun. Now, we have to try and time a visit to Lafayette right in order to get some blueberries!

2 comments:

KAT said...

That looks so yummy, almost makes me want to live there.

Amber said...

YUM!! I know we've got to have upick stuff here. I need to find some.