
I promised pictures, so this is what we have now, still early... In the front we have cilantro and green onions (easiest things to grow - just buy from the supermarket, cut the tops, stick the rest in the ground and watch them grow). A neighboring gardener gave us three cucumber plants of which two survived the transplant. Gabriela planted some flowers along the front edge and planted a squash seed on a field trip that sprouted and is doing well. We have lots of beets! I'm almost running out of room to transplant the ones that are too close to each other. We have two pepper plants, one green the other yellow I believe. Three tomato plants... the roma tomatoes have lots of tomatoes on them, but the plant is really low to the ground. The other superboy is getting tall and will hopefully produce a lot also. There is a lot of mint leftover from previous years. We have enjoyed using this herb more since we discovered it last year. We also have a nice lemon grass plant (makes the best tea). And I sprinkled a few sunflower seeds along the fence line. Still waiting to see if they sprout and do well or not.
It's been really nice to have some of our own "dirt" to play in. It's also a nice way to make sure you get out everyday and check on it and run into your other gardening neighbors, which is funny because a lot of them were already friends of ours. And it's just fun to get dirty!
5 comments:
that looks good. I love tomatoes fresh from the garden.
I am interested in how you use your mint. We have a lot this year.
I was excited to see your garden! We have cucumbers, tomatoes, and yellow and purple peppers, plus some herbs.
Barbie - eat the purple peppers raw. When you cook them they turn kind of gray and look like slugs.
The mint was leftover from previous gardeners, and grows quite quickly and spreads easily. We use it to make tea - just steep in boiling water. You can dry it to save for later use. We've also used it in making lemon- or lime-aid, which is really fresh tasting
Post a Comment