Tuesday, February 13, 2007

A Day Off

Well, it's been a long time since I've had a "snow day" But it's for more than just snow. We are starting to get a winter storm; they're promising 4-8 inches for us, much more just north of us (where we used to live). Right now it's freezing sleet. And that's on top of the 3-4 inches we got this time last week. So pre-school was canceled, Fares' afternoon class was too (but not his morning one), and I stayed home from work. But poor Gabriela has a touch of the stomach bug. It started yesterday but she seems to be making a good recovery today so far. I've gotten some housework done, so now hopefully I can do some fun stuff too today. We have valentine's to make, as well as some sugar cookies for tomorrow. Not much else new to report. Happy Valentine's Day tomorrow!!

3 comments:

KAT said...

your weather is making our news. It must be really bad. Stay inside and warm.

Amber said...

I would tell you that it's been cold here too- but 50's probably sounds heavenly to you... so I won't. ;)

Drink some hot cocoa and curl up with a good book!

Anonymous said...

It certainly was a weather week! We got about 14 inches. I got to stay, Tuesday too, but was on the phone on and off from 4:30 a to 8p. Still nice to be home with blankets and cats (but not Matt, who was in Elkhart.)

Barbie Pickut