An update: Fares is sending out as many application and resumes as he can. We actually have found several promising places in good areas for us (Indianapolis and Cincinnati areas), but, alas, we are still waiting to hear back from them if they are interested or not. In the meantime, we have been informed that our "Plan B" is not available (stay here for another year if nothing else showed up again). They are struggling with budget cuts, so his position was cut. To add to that, we were also informed that since he won't be renewing his contract, we may have to move from our apartment no later than the beginning of June (wonderful news to those that base their living on an academic calendar). Now understand, even if he gets another job offer, the chances of us having secured a new place to live may not happen that quick, and he is teaching two summer courses here for the community college until the start of August, never mind that I am also working until we leave town. We're working on getting permission to stay until the end of July, but that's not confirmed yet, so we may be looking at temporary housing (and moving an extra time) for the summer. Our New Plan B is to stay here and he'll teach 4 classes at the community college this fall (still requiring a move as we're in university owned housing).
So a little prayer on occasion is welcome for us. We're both real calm and confident that it will all work out in the long run, but we're still not sure how yet or how quickly we'll know.
Now, real quick before you go, I wanted to share information on a new book out there... it is called “The No-Cry Nap Solution: Guaranteed
2 comments:
Moving is so stressful, particularly in our economy today. Seems like the Lord is really shoving you somewhere though and personally, I feel very optimistic and oddly, quite thrilled, because I sense it will be big! I can't wait to see the Lord's creative plans.
I love Pantley's book, the No-Sleep Solution...well, I've actually never read it myself, but I can't keep in on my shelves. It is ALWAYS checked out. I'll definitely be looking into this new one. Thanks!
Time will tell I suppose.
Post a Comment