Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Countdown to Christmas

Well, it happens every year, doesn't it? I start trying to think about Christmas early on, and hope to get things "done" earlier... but though I often get a good start, I still have more on my plate than I had hoped this time of year. Of course, there are a few things that make my "ideal" a little more challenging. For example, working out of the home for nearly 30 hours every week, no large freezer space ... but I still love Christmas and try to keep the focus on the more important things.

Done so far:
Decorations: up the week after Thanksgiving but it took almost another week to get the boxes back to the storage unit.
Baked so far: 4 recipes of banana bread (mini-loaves), two rounds of chocolate pops, 1/2 recipe of sugar cookies, some peanut brittle, gingersnaps, brown sugar cranberry cookies, chocolate moon cookies, batch of buckeyes (yum). Half of all this was handed out to friends. More to be given this week.
Gifts: almost all done. two sewing projects and an online project yet to do. Fares in charge of present for brother. No wrapping done except for items delivered to Ohio at Thanksgiving.
House: Fares waxed the floor yesterday (awesome hubby!) But we need to purchase a new microwave asap (ours started burning up and stinking real bad the other day) and repair our bed (Fares bent the bed rail yesterday. It can hold one person, but strains with two people :))
Work: almost done! After Friday I get two weeks off! Fares has some downtime until Jan 12.

I'm hoping to get to a good place of preparation by this weekend so we can just relax next week and enjoy even more baked goodies! Today we have to celebrate a birthday! (and finish the chocolate pops for the school party)

1 comment:

Amber said...

I understand. I'm feeling completely overwhelmed that Christmas is in a week! acckk!