Friday, June 20, 2008

Random Pics

Just a few pictures to show what's been going on around here lately.



The other week my lovely husband came back from his evening walk with a hand full of these wildflowers. What a pretty surprise!



Gabriela's birthday present from her great-grandma was a new pair of cowboy boots. I finally found a pair in our price range on e-bay and they arrived the same day this really pretty dress came as another belated birthday present from some "brasilian aunts"



Part of her surprise birthday gift was what appears to be a homemade tooth fairy pillow. We don't have any loose teeth yet, but I imagine within the year or so they will begin to fall out. Now we are ready.



Yesterday we went to a U-Pick farm nearby to pick us some strawberries! It was a family affair, so it went by quick, but it was a gorgeous day and I could have picked all afternoon. We got about 12 pounds for $1.30/pound. It took an hour to cut them all up, and at least half have made it to the freezer for now. The other should not last much longer. Yum!

2 comments:

Sarah Mae said...

What a gorgeous dress on Gabriella! I wish we had u-pick strawberry famrs in TX, strawberries go fast at our house. Sounds like y'all are doin good!

Anonymous said...

I love the bachelors' buttons! And tell Gabriella she looks lovely. I have not picked berries yet this year but hope to as soon as I can find some free time at the right time.