Well, despite the crowded apartment, it was really nice to have my parents and my brother here for Christmas. Gabriela was super anxious this year with all the anticipation and excitment. At the stores, she started asking for anything and everything she saw, though she knew she had to request them from Santa Claus... but she distinctly told Fares that she wanted "everything" Poor thing, at this age, they don't know what they want, huh? I was unable to find an advent calendar (in time) this year, so I printed off a Santa Claus picture where you put a cotton ball on his beard for each day until it's a full beard. She liked that, and of course counting was included ;) But the last week she was starting to get upset about something, so I thought I'd try to distract her by doing Santa's beard (we had missed two days anyway)... and she started crying more! I asked her what was wrong... she wanted to be able to do all of the cotton balls at once!! Ha ha. Her behavior was a bit off kilter this month, hopefully once we get some sleep caught up on she'll be back to a little "angel" :) Or not.

She also sang at her pre-school Christmas program and did really well. I definitely feel like a "parent" now as we were there with the rest taking videos, etc. If I can figure out how to do it, I'll put the digital video up one day (thanks to our friends with the digital video camera ... that's on my wish list if anyone wants to oblige)
Check out Fares' hat that looks best on me!! He got a birthday present from friends that he traded in for this hat (lots of fun) and a cool light too. Amongst many other presents, Gabriela got a stable set from my parents which even includes the manure to pick up!!
No comments:
Post a Comment