On a soapbox (momentarily)??
I'm not one to normally voice many controversial opinions, particularly political ones... but I want to make a suggestion to the political world.
Last night we learned that brasilian congress voted themselves a nice hefty pay raise. But politicians are of the same breed despite country of origin or political affiliation. Our United States Congress has also increased their salary significantly over the years while the national minimum wage has stayed the same for a decade or more. Pitiful.
But, alas, I have a solution to save the world!!
I think that government officials ought to receive a salary equivalent to the average of the area that they are representing. Then, they may be more apt to honestly work to improve conditions of their constituents in order to make personal gain.
That, or they let their consituents vote on their salary rather than voting on it themselves... they get to decide the national minimum wage right?
What do you think?
1 comment:
I vote yes on your idea! That's probably why I don't get a ballot. (c: I'm excited you have a Korean friend!
Post a Comment