Monday, April 07, 2008

Signs in the Sky

If you read my blog, you are a friend or family. So you know of our current challenge: finding a job. Not as simple as it may seem, even though job hunting is not always fun, it is certainly a challenge when you consider all the consequences of your decisions. It has certainly weighed heavy on our hearts and minds these past two years.

Today could be a decisive day. I don't know. We will see but I do know that God knows. I've always known that, and believe it and do my best to act on it at all times. But there are moments when you are not so sure and the weight feels a bit heavier than it did before.

I saw a sign today. It was in the sky, but it was not a directive "go here ___" sort of writing in the sky. It was a cross. In the bright blue spring morning sky as I drove Gabriela to pre-school. She saw it and pointed it out. There it was... big wispy white clouds in the shape of a cross.

I had seen that once before in the sky of eastern Ohio on a chilly day before Thanksgiving in 1996. It was after a visit to Faith Ranch, which was a God-ordained place I was sent for three summers during college. Back then it seemed to be a blessing, a sign saying: go for I will bless you. I went and was extremely blessed.

Today, it seemed to say the same thing. I honestly don't know where we are going as of today, or if we will know this week for sure or not. But I do know that God is sending us somewhere and He will bless us.

I wish I had had a camera, or a phone with one (we're not big cell phone people)... but rather than a physical picture, please read Psalm 19, one of my most favorite chapters. This Psalm was shared with me by someone anonymous one summer at Faith Ranch. It has spoken to me and assures me each time I read it.

2 comments:

Amber said...

I'm glad you got some comfort. We've had an entire year of trusting that we'll be led to where we need to go and that we'll be okay when we get there. It's not much longer!!

Anonymous said...

Amen!